Are you an adult local resident or a patron of the Fort Lee Library? Join us! We have Senior and Individual memberships.
- No matter what date a member joins or renews, memberships expire on December 31 of the year paid.
- Membership dues are not prorated and are non-refundable.
- Open to residents of New Jersey aged 21 or older.
- Pay online with PayPal or your credit card. (Click on one of the credit card logos to pay with a card and not a PayPal account.)
- Ask for a Friends membership form at the library to pay by check or cash.
Membership: Join or Renew
FLPL Friends Membership — INDIVIDUAL, $20
An INDIVIDUAL membership is for an adult aged 21-59. Annual Individual dues are $20. Memberships expire on December 31 of each year. Membership dues are not prorated and are non-refundable.
FLPL Friends Membership — SENIOR, $15
A SENIOR membership is for an adult aged 60 and over and gives benefits of membership to one senior. Annual Senior dues are $15. Memberships expire on December 31 of each year. Membership dues are not prorated and are non-refundable.
Benefits of Membership
Besides making a tax-deductible donation, these are some of the perks of membership (when possible):
- Early access to the annual Book Sale weekend, normally held in September.
- Invitation to Members-Only events like an author “meet and greet”
- Invitation to Members-Only social events/outings
- Discounts on Friends-sponsored events
- All dues and donations may be tax deductible. The Friends are a registered 501(c)3 non profit organization.
- Help support our Library which we all use and love
FAQs about Membership
How can I pay my membership dues?
Choose either Individual (ages 21-59) or Senior (ages 60+) and click on Pay with PayPal to pay with your PayPal account, or click on any of the credit card logos below to pay with a credit card and not use a PayPal account.
Alternatively, you can go to the main Circulation Desk at the library and ask for a membership form, and submit that form with either a check or cash. It’s the same fee regardless how to pay.
How can I make a one-time/monthly donation, or donation in addition to my membership dues?
Separate from membership dues, a monthly or one-time donation can be made at anytime by check or online donations. Thank you for your support!
If I join in October, when does my membership expire?
All memberships expire on December 31 of each year, regardless of when the member joined. Memberships are not prorated.
Can I get a refund on my membership if I don’t use it?
Since your membership dues are considered a donation to our 501(c)3 nonprofit, donations and membership dues are NOT refundable. However, they are valid donations to a nonprofit and may be tax deductible.
What do I get for my membership?
First, the most popular perk is early access to the annual Book Sale weekend, normally held in September. We have a Members-Only Preview sale of the full book sale and only members are allowed to enter.
Additionally, when we have members-only events (like an author talk or performer) only members can attend. There are also Friends-sponsored ticketed events and our members almost always have the opportunity to pay a reduced ticket price.
All dues and donations may be tax deductible. The Friends are a registered 501(c)3 non profit organization. And, of course, all our fundraising will help support our Fort Lee Library which we all use and love.
I have a library card, am I a member of the Friends?
No, although most of our members are library cardholders, only those who pay membership dues to the Friends are a member.
Who are the Friends of the Fort Lee Library?
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the Fort Lee Library’s services through fundraising and volunteerism. In conjunction with the library’s plans and goals, the Friends will decide which services to support and fund each year.
Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 | EIN 83-2152094 | Incorporated 2018