Supporting library services through fundraising and volunteerism.
Who We Are
The Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports the Fort Lee Library’s services through fundraising and volunteerism, and are primarily funded by our members and donations.
Curious about what we do? Other questions? Email us email@example.com.
Monday, September 18 – Tuesday, September 26 (regular library hours)
Annual book sale donations: Books, CDs, DVDs accepted. Any binding, any language, children or adult books. (no LPs/vinyl)
Drop off donations in drop off bins INSIDE either entrance of Fort Lee Library. During regular library hours only.
Do not leave donations outside.
Friday, September 29 (5:30-7:00pm)
Members-Only Presale of Book Sale
Shop the book sale before the public does–all items are eligible for purchase. Only available to current (2023) members of the Friends. (Scanners not permitted.) CASH ONLY, small bills please. No membership signups at the door, so join the Friends to be invited to this members-only opportunity.
Saturday, September 30 (9:30am-4:00pm)
Annual book sale
Get your fill of gently used hardcovers, paperbacks, children’s books, CDs, and DVDs for $1-$2 each. (No LPs/vinyl for sale. Scanners not permitted.) CASH ONLY, small bills please.
Sunday, October 1 (10:00am-1:00pm)
Annual book sale
Get your fill of gently used hardcovers, paperbacks, children’s books, CDs, and DVDs for $1-$2 each. (No LPs/vinyl for sale. Scanners not permitted.) $5 Fill-A-Bag from 12:00-1:00pm. CASH ONLY, small bills please.
Monday, October 23 (7:00-9:00pm)
Bi-Annual Friends Members Meeting at Barrymore Film Center
In order to kick off our 5th year anniversary (yes, the Friends were officially established in October 2018), we are having our next bi-annual Friends All Members Meeting at the Barrymore Film Center. It is free for members and members only! We’ll get a brief tour of their museum and theater, enjoy a showing of an early Fort Lee film The Champion, and our meeting will be held in the movie auditorium! The refreshment stand will be open for purchases and everyone will get a very small bag of popcorn courtesy of the BFC. Parking is available across the street in the Hudson Lights parking deck for a small fee (about $3). Join the Friends to be invited to this members-only opportunity.
During 2022 with over 210 memberships, the Friends donated over $24,000 to a variety of programs and services including those listed below.
In 2022, the Friends had sponsored the following programs:
- Hollaback! Bystander training (April)
- Members-only performance by Bill Ervolino & refreshments
- Belmont 4, Doo Wop concert for all ages (June)
- Summer Reading Program for adults and children (June-August)
- eBook licenses (ongoing)
- Museum Passes (from annual Book Sale)
- Toddler’s Nook in Children’s Room (from annual Book Sale)
- An Evening with the Friends raised $13,000 for the Library’s capital campaign to renovate and refresh the library building!
Benefits of Membership
Renew your Membership for 2023! Join or renew today: “Join the Friends!”
- Members Only: Become a member to:
- Stay informed about upcoming events
- Friends-sponsored event discounts
- Members-only activities and outings
- Early access to our annual book sale (Members Presale September 29)
- Members only bi-annual meetings
- Commemorating an anniversary, birthday, or special event? A dedicated bookplate for an individual or group/organization can be placed in a circulating adult or children’s book at the Fort Lee Library.
- Teachers deserve a special thanks! Our Teacher Appreciation Bookplates are placed in a children’s or adult circulating book, and is the perfect way to say “thank you” to someone who does a lot for you or your children/grandchildren. All donations to the Friends may be tax deductible.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to a 501(c)3 nonprofit: Donate once or monthly to the Friends.
Our Instagram Posts
Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 | EIN 83-2152094 | Incorporated 2018