Supporting library services through fundraising and volunteerism.
Watch the recap video of An Evening With the Friends silent auction and photos of the event.
Who We Are
The Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports the Fort Lee Library’s services through fundraising and volunteerism, and are primarily funded by our members and donations.
Need a copy of our bylaws? Curious about what we do? Other questions? Email us email@example.com.
What We Do
With the help of our 200+ members, to date…
In 2022, the Friends have sponsored the following programs:
- Hollaback! Bystander training (April)
- Members-only performance by Bill Ervolino & refreshments
- Belmont 4, Doo Wop concert for all ages (June)
- Summer Reading Program for adults and children (June-August)
- eBook licenses (ongoing)
- Museum Passes (from annual Book Sale)
- Toddler’s Nook in Children’s Room (from annual Book Sale)
- An Evening with the Friends raised $13,000 for the Library’s capital campaign to renovate and refresh the library building!
During 2020-2021 with 185 memberships, the Friends donated over $10,000 to a variety of programs and services including: 2021 summer reading program, Library’s capital campaign, New York Times online subscription, an online children’s program, an adult author talk with Joshua M. Green, additional ebook licenses, Museum Passes, and more.
Benefits of Membership
- Renew your Membership for 2023 or become a new member STARTING JANUARY 1, 2023! Join our currently 210+ membership by “Join the Friends!” Membership dues will remain the same as last year. Renewals and new members pay the same dues, amounts are not prorated.
- Members Only: Become a member today to stay informed about upcoming events, event discounts, and members-only activities.
- Commemorating an anniversary, birthday, or special event? A dedicated bookplate for an individual or group/organization can be placed in a circulating adult or children’s book at the Fort Lee Library.
- Is there a teacher in your life that you think deserves a special thanks? Our Teacher Appreciation Bookplates are placed in a children’s or adult circulating book, and is the perfect way to say “thank you” to someone who does a lot for you or your children/grandchildren. All donations to the Friends may be tax deductible.
- Want to make a tax-deductible donation to a 501(c)3 nonprofit? Donate once or monthly to the Friends.
- Help us raise money every time you shop on Amazon. Login to https://smile.amazon.com/ with your regular Amazon username and password, select Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library from the list of charities, and the Friends will get 0.5% of qualifying purchases from the AmazonSmile Foundation every time you shop using https://smile.amazon.com/.
Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 | EIN 83-2152094 | Incorporated 2018