Who We Are
The Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports the Fort Lee Library’s services through fundraising and volunteerism. We fulfill many of our volunteer and fundraising goals through the work of our Committees.
Need a copy of our bylaws? Curious about what we do? Other questions? Email us email@example.com.
- We are collecting stories about what’s the best thing you’ve found at the Fort Lee Library. Tell us your story in 50 words or fewer: https://tinyurl.com/flplfriends by June 15th. If your story is selected to be shared on Instagram we will contact you via email and ask you for a photo to accompany the story. A photo, which is optional, can be of you, the item in question, or anything relevant to your story.
- Is there a teacher in your life that you think deserves a special thanks? Our Teacher Appreciation Bookplates are placed in a children’s or adult circulating book, and is the perfect way to say “thank you” to someone who does a lot for you or your children/grandchildren. All donations to the Friends are tax deductible.
- Commemorating an anniversary, birthday, or special event? A dedicated bookplate for an individual or group/organization can be placed in a circulating adult or children’s book at the Fort Lee Library.
- We ended our second year (2020) with 170+ memberships and donated $7,500 to the Fort Lee Public Library, which included contributions to the Library’s capital campaign, New York Times online subscription, an online children’s program, and much needed additional ebook licenses.
With the challenges of 2020, this accomplishment was all down to the considerable generosity of our members and the local community at large. Thank you!!
- Online membership forms for NEW members or RENEWALS are available by clicking “Join the Friends!” link at the top of this page. Renewals and new members pay the same dues, amounts and are not prorated.
- Help us raise money every time you shop on Amazon. Login to https://smile.amazon.com/ with your regular Amazon username and password, select Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library from the list of charities, and the Friends will get 0.5% of your purchases from the AmazonSmile Foundation every time you shop using https://smile.amazon.com/.
- Finally, you can help the Library by donating a book! Purchase any book from our Wish List on Amazon and it will be sent to the Library and put into circulation. Thank you!
Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 | EIN 83-2152094 | Incorporated 2018