Who We Are
The Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that supports the Fort Lee Library’s services through fundraising and volunteerism. We fulfill many of our volunteer and fundraising goals through the work of our Committees.
Need a copy of our bylaws? Curious about what we do? Other questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Do
To date in 2022, the Friends have sponsored the following programs:
- Hollaback! Bystander training (April)
- Members-only performance by Bill Ervolino & refreshments
- Belmont 4, Doo Wop concert for all ages (June 12)
- Summer Reading Program for adults and children (June-August)
- eBook licenses (ongoing)
2022 fundraising goals:
- Museum passes
- Annual book sale (September 10-11)
- Members Only Presale (September 9)
- Fall concerts
- Winter concerts
- Classical guitar music with wine & appetizers evening
During 2020-2021 with 185 memberships, the Friends donated over $10,000 to a variety of programs and services including: 2021 summer reading program, Library’s capital campaign, New York Times online subscription, an online children’s program, an adult author talk with Joshua M. Green, additional ebook licenses, Museum Passes, and more.
Want to help the Friends do more for the Library?Make a donation today!
- Renew your Membership for 2022 or become a new member! Join our currently 150+ membership by “Join the Friends!” Membership dues have remained the same as last year. Renewals and new members pay the same dues, amounts are not prorated.
- Members Only Event: Book Sale Presale, Friday, September 9 from 5:30-7:00pm. Members can shop the annual book sale before the public. Public book sale open Saturday, Sept 10 & Sunday, Sept 11, 10:00am-4:00pm. Become a member today to stay informed about upcoming events and members-only activities.
- Commemorating an anniversary, birthday, or special event? A dedicated bookplate for an individual or group/organization can be placed in a circulating adult or children’s book at the Fort Lee Library.
- Is there a teacher in your life that you think deserves a special thanks? Our Teacher Appreciation Bookplates are placed in a children’s or adult circulating book, and is the perfect way to say “thank you” to someone who does a lot for you or your children/grandchildren. All donations to the Friends may be tax deductible.
- Help us raise money every time you shop on Amazon. Login to https://smile.amazon.com/ with your regular Amazon username and password, select Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library from the list of charities, and the Friends will get 0.5% of qualifying purchases from the AmazonSmile Foundation every time you shop using https://smile.amazon.com/.
Friends of the Fort Lee Public Library is a 501(c)3 | EIN 83-2152094 | Incorporated 2018